Sunday, April 29, 2012

Grate Earring Holder/Art

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has a problem with earring storage. As of late I put them all in a little Express bag and stuffed it in my drawer. That was all fine and dandy until I was going to wear a pair and it took 5 minutes to just separate out the ones I wanted.

Then I saw this:

beautyriot.com
I love it! But has anyone else noticed that you can only buy really fancy cheese graters these days?! What happened to the $5 piece of crap, all metal cheese graters? They're all $25 for basically the same old grater with an elaborate rubber handle. In the end it's just going to scrape up your knuckles like any other cheese grater! I guess I'll have to stop by a thrift store one of these days and see if I can find an "old fashion" one.

In the meantime, I decided to alter this idea a bit and make mine a piece of wall art.


I got a $5.99 flat grater from Bed, Bath & Beyond and used Rust-Oleum spray paint in Colonial Red (Satin finish). I tied a bow at the top to hide the nail I used to hang it. That's it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson

Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson JustMercy , by Bryan Stevenson, is the story of Walter McMillian, who was sentenced to die for a murder he d...